Friday, January 27, 2012

5 New Bands That I Love

Hey,
 this post is making up for the fact that I completely forgot to post last week. Sorry. I'd like to say I was either swamped with school or relaxing on a beach somewhere in Hawaii. Unfortunately, it's a little something more along the lines with I can be a terrible procrastinator.

So, anyways, this post will be detailing some new (old too) artists and songs that I have added to my "Amazing Alternative" playlist that I created on Spotify.
Here we gooooo...
1) Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds. I am thoroughly in love with this man. He is from Oasis, a very popular band, as I'm sure you know. Anyways, the sound is so cool! He has a powerful voice, crazy lyrics, and a baseline that will get stuck in your head...fo so. My favorite songs: "AKA What A Life," "If I Had A Gun," and "The Death Of You And Me."

2) Patrick Stump. Again, another artist I think you know. In case you don't, he is/was the lead singer of Fall Out Boy. His EP and then full CD are killer. THey're so different from the emo-punk style of FOB, as he has said he is into more electro-pop, soul stuff. It's insane. Back in November, I got to see him and Panic! At the Disco in concert (expect a review of that concert soon). At first, I was rather indifferent to his music, but, after seeing/hearing him, I realized he is an incredible musician. So different and fantastic. Fav Tracks: "Explode," and "Porcelin."

3) Panic! At the Disco with Fun. These two admirable bands collabed. It's like a dream in punctuation heaven. :) Their track "C'mon." kinda rubbed me the wrong way the first time I heard it, but after listening to it two more times, I fell in love with it. The harmony, the switching on and off with vocal duties, and the melody all clicks perfectly.

4) Atlas Genius. If you ever listen to Alt Nation on SiriusXM, chances are you have heard the super catchy tune "Trojans." These guys don't have much out there, save for this song, really, but the vocalist has some mean pipes. I'd watch out for these guys. :) I'm seeing like PATD/NeverShoutNever fame someday.

5) Kings of Convience.  I love these two men! Quite honestly, I stumbled on these guys by accident. I am a big fan of simplicity and these guys just nail it right on the head. The violin, the guitars, the soft vocals...perfection. haha In all honesty, I would love to see these two in concert. Fav Tracks: "Homesick," "Leaning Against the Wall," and "Mrs. Cold."

So, these are just some bands worth checking out, if you have some time. I'll try to do this every month, hopefully.

Until next week,
Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment