Friday, August 16, 2013

Where Have I Been and Other Updates

Hey,
I can't believe I haven't updated this blog since June 1st. Where did the time go?
Well, actually, I know the answer to that question. This summer, before my senior year of high school, I decided to compile some of my writings into a compilation and self-publish it. I thought it would be a simple, fun project to just do in my off-time, but it ended up taking six hours a day for three months straight, just writing, organizing, and editing. I definitely enjoyed doing it; I just miscalculated how long it actually takes to do it all alone. I published it last weekend and received my proof copy today, so I can finally say, with much elation and pride, that it is done! :) If you would like to read the book, to check out my 19 poems and 5 short stories, click here.

Now, that the book is finished, I can finally get back to writing on here! I've missed updating you all on what I'm listening to, as I have found some incredible bands over the summer. I have some full-length  posts planned for the coming weeks, but tonight, I'll just give you a little teaser.

Tonight, I present my track of the summer, AKA, the track that I couldn't stop listening to no matter how many times I played it: "Things We Lost In the Fire" by Bastille. Bastille is a British group and they are fantastically talented. they always bring something original to their music and this track is no exception. The tribal-feeling percussion in the beginning, giving way to the full instrumentation, and plucking string section all complement the emotional lyrics, making it feel like the emotions are rising with the instrumentation and vice versa.
I feel like Bastille is going to blow up a la Imagine Dragons very soon. Keep your eyes on them and soon, I will post a full review of their album. :)

Thanks for reading.
Until next week,
Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment