Friday, April 13, 2012

New Songs on My Playlist

Hey,
Here's post number two!

So, I should probably clarify the title of the post. They're not necessarily "new" songs, but they're new to me.

5. Trouble by This Providence
I love this band. I discovered them on accident a few years ago and have been listening to them ever since. Very talented, very, very talented. They've never really had a big "breakthrough" on the charts, but they're fairly well known. Song leads in with a kicking drum, base line, and then the vocals. I love his strong voice and the bluesy influences.

4. Off To The Races by Lana Del Rey
Say what you want about Lana, but I love her. She has such a unique voice. There is nothing quite like her, or at least, not since the 50's or 60's. She's kind of stuck in that time, but I love it. People are all like "ugh, she's fake. She's stiff. She has a weird voice." really? And macy Gray, if anyone even remembers her, didn't have a strange voice? No one, save for the pop stars of Nickelodeon and Disney, has the same singing voice; they only achieve that effect by way of over-editing and shamelessness. Anyways, Off to the Races is rumored to be about the book Lolita, which, given that i haven't read it, uh, I don't have much to say to that. I can thank Wikipedia for the inspiration thing. But, it starts out kind of like slow, and progresses to goosebump territory. If you're going to listen to it, wait about 1:30 before skipping to the next track. It takes a little bit.

3. Come Away to The Water by Maroon5 and Rozzi Crane
This was from the Hunger Games soundtrack. The song is incredible. No idea who Rozzi Crane is, though I'd imagine she had some troubles getting people to spell that first name correctly. Maroon5 is, in case you weren't sure, is fronted by Adam Levine. Yes, that hot judge on The Voice, a stupid show, imo, but I digress, and yes, the dude who was dating the equally hot Anne Val(I-can't-spell-the-rest-because-she-is-Russian). Maroon5's songs are typically boring pop stuff that lands on the Top 100 within 2 days of being released. This is different. It's very bluesy, kinda gritty. Pushing Adam a little, a very good thing in my mind. I havea  feeling that some editing was required, but I still like the song.

2. Tight Rope by Alex Clare

I have already professed my love for Mr. Clare, but I keep finding more reasons as time goes on. I originally skipped over this song, but recently realized it was just as good, if not better than the others on the album. I like the reverb in the chorus, minor key, and his soaring vocals.

1. Everybody Talks by Neon Trees
I've been a big fan of these guys + 1 lady for a while now. The lead singer has a legitiatemly soulful, rock n roll edge that never comes across as put-on; I approve. I like the blended genre thing. The song follows their style. It sounds like it was made in the 80's, my fav decade, and has memorable guitar lines and an infectious melody.

Next week...Graffiti6 and Eric Hutchinson concert!  I'm so psyched.
Until then,
Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment