Thursday, October 24, 2013

Track of the Week: "Hollyood" by RAC ft. Penguin Prison

Hey,
Can you believe it's almost November? Yeesh. Where is the year going? Not that I'm complaining; it's my senior year and I am so ready for it to be over with and start moving towards college. Oh, well, at least I have some great music to get me through these next few months.

This week's track of the week is "Hollywood" by RAC ft. Penguin Prison. I have to, one again, thank iTunes radio. Their alternative station has shown me some amazing artists, this one included. I really thought that app was going to be terrible, but it's been a musical blessing instead.

I am absolutely in love with this song because it has a chilled, laid-back vibe with smooth, complementing guitar lines and the lead singer's crooning vocals. The layered vocals give way to the other electronic influences in the chorus. It moves slowly, yet briskly, giving it an indecisive feeling. It could represent the confusion that the singer feels towards his friend who he compares to Hollywood, saying he does not know who she is anymore. Super relatable.

Seriously, keep your eyes on RC. I think they might accomplish some great things.

Until next week,
Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment