Sunday, December 18, 2011

Introduction

Hello, bonjour, hola, hey there.
Thanks for reading this, though I'm pretty sure you stumbled on this blog by accident. It's okay, you can go back that iJustine video you were trying to watch; I'll be alright. If you're here because you actually meant to, then, welcome, and thank you.
My story? I'm a high schooler who happens to love alternative/indie music with a crazy passion. When I was younger--elementary school--, my dad used to put on The Big 80's when we drove around town, and suffice to say, that was when I got hooked. I loved music. I loved the volume, the drums, the guitars, the voices...it was all great. I'm 90% sure that I was one of the only 8 year olds who knew almost every Beatles and Men At Work song. My parents were great at exposing me to music.
Then, two of my friends corrupted me in 7th grade. They showed me the Top 40 Station. Cue the dramatic lights and sound. That type of music was so different from the 70's/80's music I'd heard. For a short period odf time, I dabbled in Christian top-40 music, but hated it so much, that after a month or two, I never listened to it again. Part of me wondered if that was going to happen again with this stuff, but instead, this music period lasted a little over a year. I learned all about 3OH!3, Katy Perry, Ke$ha, Kanye West, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Akon, and others. My parents were less than thrilled, but at the time, I thought they were silly for not loving these auto-tuned masterpieces. I later saw the light.
That moment came in 8th grade when I discovered AltNation on SiriusXM. Cue the fireworks. I had heard a little altnerative stuff, mostly from the Twilight soundtrack, but I tried my best to ignore it. In 8th grade, I couldn't. I practically waved off the Top 40 station completely and switched to AltNation. There was something crazily unpredictable about the music that I just couldn't get enough of. MuteMath, Muse (both of which were on the Twilight soundtrack), The Bravery, and others dominated every playlist. It was love at first sight.
So, every since that moment of fate, I've been a dedicated music snob, and darn proud of it.
I decided to create a blog so I could talk about it and maybe find an audience who agrees.
That is me in a nutshell. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment